Tax Problem Resolution

Rancho Cordova IRS Tax Problem Resolution

When your business is considered illegal by the federal government you’re bound to run into tax problems. Cannabis businesses like growers, dispensaries, and retailers all fall under Section 280E of the tax code. This classification doesn’t allow for most common credits and deductions that can be taken by other types of businesses. Which expenses are considered deductible is debatable and gray areas can cause problems with the taxing authorities.

If your cannabis business has received an IRS or State audit notice don’t try to deal with it on your own and risk steep penalties. At KWB Accounting PC, we know exactly what to do and will deal with auditor on your behalf. You can count on us to work hard to find a fair resolution, minimize your taxes owed, and set up a reasonable plan to pay off your tax debt if necessary.

For the marijuana industry, the question is if you’re going to be audited by the IRS but when. When you receive your audit notice, contact KWB Accounting PC at 800-588-7835 or request a free consultation online now.

State and 280E Tax Services

  • Resolving IRC Section 280E tax problems
  • Filing back tax returns
  • Minimizing tax penalties
  • Installment agreements and payment plans
  • Federal 280E audit representation
  • Interpreting and responding IRS notices
  • Research and support for complex tax problems
  • Liaison with tax attorneys specializing in 280E
  • Managing payroll to avoid future tax problems